Saturday, August 7, 2010

One Favorite Thing

Day 12 — Whatever tickles your fancy


In the spirit of Day 12, I thought of another tickle just now. Yesterday we went a beautiful lake house were some friends live. It's great, and I want to spend lots of time this year! 


BUT this is not what I am going to write about! Instead I am going to tell you about one of my favorite things; I absolutely love it when you are amongst friends and acquaintances and suddenly one of your favorite people/close friends comes and sits right by you to talk specifically just to you. Do you know what I mean? Let me rephrase, that was pretty wordy.


It's like that moment when everything is swirling around you and you're having a great time but it just gets a little better suddenly. So, you always have those people you go to the party to see right? At some level, yes, you're more excited to see them then other people. Okay, well now imagine you're sitting on the couch talking to some others, then all of a sudden that favorite person comes right next to you to talk only to you. Maybe this sounds dumb, or simplistic, or elementary - but to me it is one of my favorite things. Because that is someone that you specifically love, and by them pointing you out it means that they love you too. I LOVE THAT! Makes me feel great inside.


And the reason for this post: it happened yesterday.... twice! It was such a great feeling to know that the people I value, value me. Warm fuzzy feelings hereeeee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment