Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to School, Back to School

Anyone know the reference? It's a pretty famous onnnneeeeee.
Check it out: Back 2 School

We had our first day back to Professional Development (PD) today (and until next week Thursday when the kiddies show up!). It was great to be back amongst the staff and seeing everyone again. I forgot how I love my hallway of teachers/moms/mentors/crazy folks! I realized I have a lot of work to do, but it's all going to be worth it.

Surprisingly I don't have a lot of anxiety regarding the kids. I hope this doesn't come back to slap me in the face. Maybe I should possess the attitude that being over prepared is better then under prepared. I am definitely at a much better place in regards to planning (unit plans, lesson plans, big goals, etc.) but I am not quite as cleaned up on management and procedures, something I did a lot of last year at the beginning. Perhaps I will have to work on that a bit this week/weekend.

Wednesday through Friday we have HORRIBLE PD in Brinkley for our mentor program. It is going to be long, repetitive, boring, excessive, and uncreative. But hey, at least I'm going into it with a great attitude.... just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment