Thursday, October 7, 2010

Professional Development

Today I went to Little Rock for some Professional Development. Now, I know it's always good to get out of school once in awhile. It's a nice reprieve. But, yikes, I wish I could somehow preview what we are going to be learning. Because today I learned 1 thing that will help my kids on their End of Course exam.

Things I learned that I will not be sharing with my class:
1. The EOC is not really considered an End of Course exam. It's really a benchmark exam. Therefore they truly don't NEED to be invested, unless they want to help the school [and me]. (SHHHHH)
2. The test has 2 FAKE sections that do not count for anything.
3. There is about 2 percent of students who get "advanced proficient" on the exam.
4. The woman who designs the test and picks the passages is old and frumpy. Therefore material = not fun.

Ah well, at least I got to sleep in until 7:30 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment