Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Parent Teacher Conferences, the Result

HOLY MOLY. I HAD SO MANY PARENTS AT PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES. In fact, I had every single one of my student's parents come except for SIX. SIX. SIX. SIX.

Let's do some quick math.
(Total # of parents) - (Total # of parents that didn't show up) = (Total # of parents that DID show up)
48 - 6 = 42 parents or sets of parents that came to see me this year
36 - 30 = 6 parents or sets of parents that came to see me LAST YEAR TOTAL (2 conference days)

42 > 6

SO GREAT! As I mentioned earlier this year, I made an incentive for the kids this year. If your parent comes you get a 100% on a quiz, if you come WITH your parents you get a second 100% on a quiz. Wow, did it work. I probably at 75% of conferences with the parent AND the kid. That was a great experience, to have them sitting there listening and having to fess up to their behavior and level of commitment. Positive movement forward friends! Happy, happy, happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment