Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some Success

As mentioned earlier this week, today was my big End of Year conversation. Although this year has really been a struggle emotionally and has been a big challenge of endurance, commitment, and continually increasing effectiveness, there have also been some highs. Talking with my Program Director I have realized that those highs are what I need to focus on for my students and I's sanity and success. These successes when highlighted have meant a lot to a lot of individual students.

In that spirit, I think I need to practice more positive reinforcement with my students and myself. And I am going to do that right now. So please, ignore my self-indulgence for a few lines!

Success:
1. We met "significant gains" this year and exceeded our goal with an average of 199 on the ACTAAP test (our goal was 197)
2. We had no special education students recieve a Below Basic level on the ACTAAP
3. Only one student was below basic, an improvement from 7 last year
4. 12% increase from students at basic moving up to proficient (a passing score)
5. The highest number of proficient students in 6 years!!
6. 79.5% mastery of objectives throughout the 4 quarters (according to my tracker...something to be improved on)

Personal Success:
1. Hired as an ICEG leader for a group of new Corps members next year
2. Hired as a Fall Course Leader for High School English teachers!
3. Development Fellows (WOOT U of M Foundation paying off) for TFA next year
4. Passed my bus driving tests!! Proud CDL owner... (well, maybe not proud enough to drive anything)
5. Successfully coached a winning season for Sr. High, and struggled immensely with Jr. High (still think there is a special place in heaven for all 5-8 teachers everywhere)
6. Saved some money ....finances not my strong point
7. Made some new friends and explored a pretty beautiful part of America!
8. Got a couch, rug, and table donated through the DonorsChoose.org organization

No comments:

Post a Comment