Monday, January 10, 2011

Remembering the Past Year

Last year I made a list of the top 100 things I was thankful for from the past year. This year I will do it a little differently (in the spirit of shorter posts and my new format). Here are a few of my favorite things from 2010;

Friendly visits to Maple House: I enjoyed the company of many people during my first year here in the Delta. Special thanks to Kearly, Jacquelina, LoDo, Schlobs, Nico, and many others! Beyond the "non-TFA" friends that visited, I was also lucky to be surrounded by and visited by many fun TFAmous friendlies.

Trips to new places: I also traveled a lot in 2010. I visited Dallas/FTW, New Orleans (a few TOO many times), Memphis, Little Rock, Minneapolis, Asheville, Atlanta, Jamaica, St. Marteen, Chicago,



SUMMER: I was certainly ready for this point. Most certainly.



My Lovely Students: Never did I think I would love my students as much as I do. It has really made me want to have a family of my own and to take care of the ones around me. They are caring, thoughtful, and eager to better themselves. Not to say that they aren't immature, angry, and too fast for their own age.



My Roomies: Well, it was not an easy transition into the country. An hour + away from city living, the lack of actual entertainment (not a la Refuge), and that minor fact of teaching. All of this was made a little bit easier by having great roomies around all the time! 


The Wedding!: Congrats to B and Kristin again. What a solid celebration and great memories to come.

Delta living: This has been an experience. To say the least. The landscape, the new job, the new people. I am thankful that I proved to myself that I can do it. Now, I don't have that fear nagging at the back of my head. "Can I move somewhere new and survive? Could I just pick up and go?" The answer is now YES, YES I CAN!




My family: Love them always. Had another great year together, and I am thankful for that.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment