Friday, January 21, 2011

Blessed

So, I recently went on a vent-a-rant. But, now that I am reflecting on it a bit, I realized maybe I am just lucky. I know a lot of people go through a range of emotions as they go through the TFA experience. It usually looks a little something like this:
1. Nervous
2. Pee your pants scared
3. Hungry
4. Tired
5. More Tired
6. Rejuvenated
7. Beat down
8. Get back up?

Well, maybe #8 is debatable. I was thinking about how I got through this cycle last year and this year. A few key things that have been superb about my life in the Delta include - being a coach (this is definitely numero uno), participating in a lot of school activities (seeing the kids, becoming a part of their lives), having small class sizes, loving every single student (with the exception of two-am I allowed to say that? haha), and a social staff/adult network.

Maybe some of these people I am having so much trouble with (the checked out and ineffective) do not have this network of support. For a moment I feel bad for them, and think that maybe I need to give them a break. BUT at the same time, when I review that list those are all things that I actively participate in. Maybe some of these people that are having such a hard time because they are not forcing themselves to become a part of the community. Embrace the community, embrace the kids.

Okay now really I am done. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment