Sunday, November 14, 2010

Perspective Reflection

3 weeks until I am 75% complete with this experience in the Delta. I feel both motivated to continue to make a difference (hopefully) and motivated to leave. What an experience this place has been. Did I think I could survive in Arkansas? Of course. Did I think when I was graduating from Minnesota that I'd be teaching 10th & 11th graders, coaching 7-12, and leading adult learners in a few capacities, a few short years later? Absolutely not.

What has changed in the past 21 months? A lot. Adaptation. This skill is not one I thought I completely had. Going to school at Minnesota, I always wondered if it was a cop-out. Only 5 hours from home, still in the Midbest, still in an environment I had seen before.

Now, I know that is not true. Arkansas is clearly not an environment I have ever experienced. Either is the profession or assignments I have received in the past almost two years. I have proved I am capable of more than I thought I was. A great feeling, and hopefully something I will remember as I apply (and subsequently get rejected) from jobs and schools in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment