Saturday, November 20, 2010

Big push has been pushed!

The "big push" = the time between Labor day and Thanksgiving break. It's been conquered, and I feel great! What a huge relief to have lasted this long, and only one day taken off of school at this point.

Right now I am sitting at home, feet propped up, about to go to Harry Potter in a bit, and content with relaxation. My toes are a little cold, but that comes with the Northern territory I guess. I'll take it.

The week ended well, we are working on a new unit where students are working in groups on poetry and eventually creating a expository essay on them. Should be interesting to see their writing skills, and also their analysis of poetry. I like the unit, although I am not 100% confident in it, since it's really my first time teaching poetry. But.... I'm not going to think about that for a few more days.

Once I was home we went out to brunch at a nice little restaurant and then went to a Celtic fair in Wauwatosa at the Irish Heritage Center. Saw some old bosses, nuns, and family friends. Nice way to start out Thanksgiving break.

No comments:

Post a Comment