Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Running

I am going to be running a 10k in Greenwood, Mississippi this September 18, 2010. I am pretty nervous about it, since I have never done more then a 5k before. I ran about 3 miles last night, with some walking, and I was told that if I can run 4.5-5 miles (even with some walking) I should be good with some additional adrenaline that comes with the race. I don't know if this belief is true, but I hope so, because I can not imagine doubling my current running in a month and a half.

For you Delta friends, if you want to join here is the info:

Sep 18, 2010
300 Oaks Road Race
The 300 Oaks Road Race is an annual event which includes a 10K Run, a 5K Walk and a One-Mile Fun Run. New this year - a 5K run has been added! The event, held on the third Saturday of September each year, is sanctioned by the Mississippi Track Club and is attended annually by more than 1,000 participants, both locally and from out of town. The 300 Oaks Road Races are the largest sanctioned race in the state of Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment