Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 06 - Blogger Challenge

I am doing it at 1AM so I don't forget tomorrow! Strategy!
Day 06 — Whatever tickles your fancy

Tonight we're talking about the word "hate." Sometimes people preface stories by saying, "oh sorry I know you hate this person, butttt...." I really dislike this preface. I mean really how many people do you truly hate in your life? I don't think anyone at this point. Definitely when I was younger I can think of a nemesis in elementary school or something, but certainly not someone that I still hold that grudge to.

Now, that's not to say that I don't love everyone. But I just think that the phrase and word in general are overused to the point of it not truly meaning much anyway. It's okay to have opinions about people and it's okay to not love everyone equally, as we are adults. But at the same time, even if you find some characteristic or attribute you dislike, it does not justify hating the person. Perhaps though, if people say this to you, it in turn must mean that one needs to self reflect. Because if people have this perception that you hate, then obviously you give that vibe out too.

Lots of random thoughts in this one, sorry. but the challenge was "whatever tickles your fancy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment