Monday, November 9, 2009

Summative Assessment

We are beginning a new novel this week, The Great Gatsby. I am kind of excited, hopefully the students like it, hopefully the students read it! We haven't had a true novel in the class yet, since we did The Crucible first quarter, which is a play. It should be interesting. I think in high school we took about three weeks per novel, which I think would seem appropriate. That would put us at completing the novel by the first week in December, which I am okay with.

I think we're going to start in on Thursday. I am still trying to decide if I am going to check the books out to them, or if they are going to have to read copies the entire time. I don't really feel like losing books, but at the same time, that is a lot of paper to waste and paper tends to get crumbled up quickly. I'll probably just hand them out.

I am excited to work through the novel each day though, that was something I learned a lot from in high school and in college. Thinking about all of the tools we have learned so far this year, a lot of them can be applied to this book, which will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment