Monday, October 26, 2009

To Start My New Attitude

Okay, so now that I have recognized my struggles (see previous post) I am going to move forward into a better life...effective immediately. I need to change something. This is a quote that I found today that I think is the first step for me:

"Each student did something correct today. Find a good think in every student, every class, every day. "

It's really true. Hey, for some of them it is showing up on time, for others it is completing an assignment, for others it is simply sitting in their chair all day. Whatever it is, find it and say something about it to the class. Tomorrow I implement this attitude. I drew it on a notecard, highlighted it all over, and taped it to the middle of my desk so I have to stare at it each day. Even if the little brats try to get me, I'll just smile and say, "thank you."

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. Maybe I should tape that to my desk too...

    ReplyDelete