Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Praxis III Exam

Today was the final chapter to getting my 5 year teaching license. In Arkansas you must be observed by a state certified ADE employee. They interview you for 90 minutes before, 90 minutes after, and sit through the class period. It was fine, I guess.

I mean, I hope I passed. But, at the same time I'm not sure I really care. I know I am not going to be teaching next year. I know that in Texas, this license will not transfer, even though I've had to take five exams now. If I don't pass I think I will just be shamed, not necessarily heart broken. But, this has been an attribute of my general attitude these past two weeks, and something that I truly need to conquer immediately.

"Senioritis" is also apparently applicable to jobs. I don't want to do that though. Not really for my personal pride, but more because I know it happens to these kids pretty much every year. I've already heard of 10 teachers leaving for next year. Sometimes on the down low, sometimes pretty obviously. They have majorly checked out. Taking multiple days off, not turning in paperwork, not teaching material throughout their day, lacking an interest in the student work or their lesson plans -- all of these things happen at school. I should not participate.

Find me please, motivation. I am in need of a kick in the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment