Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bah Bahhh

Yesterday was rough. I had to take a student to the hospital for the second day in a row. She is suffering from major dehydration and extreme fatigue. At basketball practice she collapsed and could not focus her eyes. She went completely cold and could not squeeze my finger or use her legs to walk to the car.

I thought maybe she was just dehydrated, so I had her sit for awhile at first (before the rest of that happened) and had her drink some water. She got progressively worse, until I thought it was dangerous to not take her to the hospital. I transported her there and then waited until her mom got there. Then the same thing happened the next day at the game (she did not play or participate, just sat on the bench).

Some of the things that have happened down here are things I never thought I would personally experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment