Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Settling In for the Long Haul...Kinda

My friends, I am going to do some backtracking here. Pretend it's last week.

I am in a great place right now (figuratively and literally). Sorry I have been absent for the past few days. Thursday was the last day with the kids and it was great. Except that I didn't get to teach! I lost my voice and my sickness was pending. So, my two GREAT friends Molly and Joe took over the zoo that is A101 at Sharpstown Middle School.

I walk in 15 minutes later, my kids are going crazy. It was so funny I busted out laughing because Joe and Molly were running (literally in Molly's case) after students. Ah, my life for the past few weeks. It's so funny to be on the outside of it, I loved it! Anyway, they weren't being that bad at all. There was a cockroach (SICK) on the ceiling that they were all throwing things at, that stopped immediately. Then they all said they wanted me to teach the class and that they didn't like their new teachers! It was so sweet. :)

Those brats, they are mean to you for weeks and the whole time they know that they like you secretly. It was a good last day. I had them write letters to themselves about where they see themselves in 10 years and I can't wait to read them. I made them little cards telling them how well they did in the summer (or what they can work on for some). Then we just played a game which failed miserably, and then they just sat and talked with us.

But, everyone said goodbye at the end of the day and I even got some hugs from the lovely ladies. I was sad that I was sick throughout the day because I had really wanted to talk to some of the kids, but that's okay. I went home for the day and was finally happy.

AND you HAVE to watch this video!!!! My kid is in it!! Look right at 1:10. THATS MY BOY!! He says "I learned more in reading this summer then all year!" YAYYY MY CLASS MY CLASS.

Is that success? I can feel it in my bones!

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgHAbERbmuQ

Please watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment