Monday, March 15, 2010

Post-Test Feelings

Well the test is over. Done and done.

I'm not sure how I feel about it all at this point. Last week after the test (Tuesday and Wednesday) I had trouble motivating myself to do anything with my students Thursday and Friday. I don't think I was supposed to, as it is time for the kids to relax, but I am hoping that those feelings will move away quickly over the next few weeks....since I still have 3 months of teaching to go!

I need to think of some new units that are fun but still teaching the objectives. First I am going to teach a business unit, where we build a resume, write a cover letter, and do something else for the portfolio. Then we'll research one job that they want to do (in the resource room) and put some effort into this. I think that'll be interesting for the kids.

After that I am thinking about teaching "Crank" a book of poetry. Some of the kids that have read it have absolutely loved it...so hopefully the rest will too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment