Saturday, February 12, 2011

Testing Crunch Time

I had four snow days last week. I don't know if you know, but there's only 5 school days in a week. R.i.d.i.c.u.l.o.u.s. Not helping my stress levels either. I have this big countdown in my room....28...27...26...25...24. That's how many days there are until my state exam. My "End of Course" (I use the term loosely, since clearly we're not at the end of any course in MARCH) is the first of all state exams in Arkansas, but also one of the biggest regarding "high stake tests." The 11th literacy, 9th Algebra, 10th Geometry, and 7/8th literacy exams are the tests considered "high stakes." All of those exams do not occur until late April.

Unfortunately I do not have that option. These snow days are making me go a little insane in the membrane. I keep thinking about what to do with the kiddos to make up missing work, or how I should have started earlier, or how I should have given homework packets, or how I wish I could send them work via text. Ugh. Sleep. No. Student. Achievement. Tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment