Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last Ctown Visit

Had a wonderful dinner in Clarendon tonight. Went out with some future TFAs and then met for dinner with my favorite Clarendon employee: Gilda. During dinner three of my favorite students stopped by when they saw my car (I almost cried again). Then, as I was driving out of town four students were screaming my name down the road, so I stopped and got to say goodbye to them again.

This experience sure was difficult. Without some close friends I don't know what I would have done. But, furthermore, without the students, I absolutely don't know what I would have done. They are what made me consider a third year. Not the TFA core values or beliefs. Not the faculty. Not the administration. Absolutely those crazies that would scream across town, or stop their cars just to give a hug or say hello.

I am super happy I spent one of my last nights in the Delta doing that. Happy feelings, happy endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment